Boxfit Health Club was founded in 2008 by Darlington businessmen David and Henry Ward. The brothers share an interest in fitness and Boxing and when the opportunity arose for then to turn an empty industrial unit into a new business, BoxFit Health Club was born.
The gym which mixes free weights, resistance machines and cardio equipment with group fitness classes also has a unique feature in its full sized boxing room used by the instructors as a feature in fitness classes but also available for members to use in their own training sessions.
Boxfit has a wide range of classes available from the world wide phenomenons of Boogie Bounce, Zumba, Bokwa and Boxercise, to classics such as Circuits, BLT, Kettlebells and Abs and even in house exclusive classes like The 300 and Boxfit. Our classes are available in range of fitness levels, so if you’re a beginner or at a more advanced level we have a class available in a friendly group setting to keep you motivated.
Since its creation Boxfit Health Club has set itself out as a club with friendly helpful staff and trainers, who work hard to provide welcoming environment for its members to relax and enjoy a growing list of fitness classes and an ever expanding collection of resistance machines, free weights and cardio equipment.
Knowing how off putting it can be to walk into a gym and have to wait to use every piece of equipment, Boxfit has pledged to place a cap on it membership number to prevent overcrowding and to keep an exclusive core of members to help maintain the friendly, helpful and calm atmosphere that the club currently enjoys.
Boxfit is currently undergoing a transformation, it was announced in mid 2012 that due to the success of Boxfit, the facility will be expanding and once complete nearly 20,000 square feet Health Club will be available to cater to all needs, from 18-80 Boxfit Health Club will be here for you!
Phase 1 of development will be complete by February 2013 and will feature:
• A new exclusive ladies only section of the gym, known as Foxfit this area will provide a private luxury zone equipped with state of the art equipment.
• A new purpose built 3000 square foot fitness studio featuring Polyflor flooring that meets all sport England requirements.
• A new treatment room staffed by Boxfit instructor and qualified Sports Therapist Daniel Leonard as well as other Therapists to be announced later.
• A private consulatation room, for members to discuss their fitness needs with our instructors in a comfortable safe space.
• A sunbed zone, for members to top up their tans; keep watching the site for details of block booking offers.
• A Cafeteria providing healthy drinks and snacks, as well as some less healthy but certainly tasty treats to build up your strength after a strenuous work out
• Boxfit supplement store, providing quality supplements both in house and online, see the shop section of the website for our range and offers.
The final phase of the expansion will then add the much anticipated Sauna, Steam Room, Frost Fountain, Hot Tubs and Aroma Therapy areas to the facility.